SPL Billet Lower Control Arm Kit
The SPL billet lower control arm kit includes black anodized CNC machined billet 6061 aluminum lower control arms and 2024 aluminum trailing links that provide track width, camber, caster, roll center and anti dive adjustment. This is the ultimate tool for setting up the handling of your Porsche 996/997/Boxster/Cayman chassis for racing, track or street use.
No more jam nuts!! Long gone are the days of fumbling with multiple wrenches to tighten jam nuts in place while trying to keep your bearings orientated correctly. The main arm is slotted to allow the use of pinch bolts and our rotating clamps on our exclusive adjuster lock down camber and track width settings. Our double adjuster is machined from 4130 chromoly and is electroless nickel plated for corrosion resistance.
We use billet 2024 aluminum hex we machine and gun drill the trailing arms to reduce weight and utilize our rotating clamp system to easily lock down caster settings. Blue anodized titanium hardware shaves even more unsprung weight from the arms, without compromising strength. Anti dive (when installed in the front) and anti squat (when installed in the rear) adjustment is achieved with stainless steel spacers for the forward mounting position of the trailing/caster arm allowing you to raise or lower this pivot point and fine tune the balance of your car. Roll center correction is achieved with stainless steel spacers that work in conjunction with the heat treated 4340 chromoly ball joint stud allowing you to lower the ball joint location at the knuckle. Finally, the use of FK rod ends and high misalignment spherical bearings eliminates the flex and binding found in the OEM control arms while allowing smooth articulation.
SPL Billet Lower Control/Trailing Arms Feature:
- Lightweight Aluminum, Titanium, Chromoly and Stainless Steel construction
- Gun drilled 2024 aluminum trailing link provides superior strength while reducing unsprung weight
- Clamp design allows for easy access to lock down your alignment settings
- Heat treated and electroless nickel plated 4340 chromoly ball joint shanks
- Computer Aided Design with the aid of Finite Element Analysis
- Low friction 3 piece Teflon lined FK sphericals and Heim joints/rod ends
- Multiple size stainless steel roll center and anti dive/squat spacers for precise adjustment
- Made in the USA
Sold as a pair.
1999-2005 Porsche 911 (996) Front and Rear
2005-2012 Porsche 911 (997) Front and Rear
1997-2004 Porsche Boxster (986) Front
2005-2012 Porsche Boxster (987) Front
2005-2012 Porsche Cayman (987) Front
2013-2016 Porsche Boxster (981) Front
2013-2016 Porsche Cayman (981) Front